FEI Driver and Horse registration
All competitors and horses/ponies taking part in International (FEI) classes at Horse Driving Trials, either abroad or in the UK (e.g. Royal Windsor) require to be registered with the FEI annually. This being regardless of whether they hold an existing FEI Passport or have already previously competed at International level.
The FEI registration is valid for one calendar year (from 1st January to 31st December). The registration can be made at any point during the year and can only be carried out by the by the BHDTA, through the National Federation.
Horses and drivers not registered will not be allowed to enter an FEI Event.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION VERY CAREFULLY
To apply for a registration, you need to complete and return to the BHDTA the following forms:
All these forms can be downloaded and printed out from
this website - CLICK HERE
The cost of registration is ?15 for the driver PLUS ?15 for each horse or pony. Please send the appropriate payment with your forms.
NB: You must make sure you have completed your FEI Horse and Rider Registration and applied for your FEI Horse Passport in plenty of time to make your entry. The BEF, FEI or BHDTA will not be held responsible for those competitors who are refused entry or not allowed to compete through late applications.
Commencing from 1st January 2013, all Horses newly-registered with the FEI must be microchipped with a microchip compatible with ISO 11784 and ISO 11785. All microchip information must also be entered into the Horse's passport.
Finding your driver or horse registration number
FEI REGISTRATION - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Under the FEI Rules, after 1st January 2006, all horses/ponies and drivers wishing to compete at any International event, CAI-B or CAI-A, whether in Britain or Abroad, MUST be registered with the FEI. In the UK this is done via British Horse Driving Trials Association.
2. It is imperative that you read and familiarise yourself with the BEF rule book which contains all up to date anti doping regulations. This can be downloaded from the BHDTA or BEF websites - see links below. Alternatively it can be emailed or sent to you by post on request from the BHDTA office.
3. Once you have read the BEF rule book, please sign and return the attached acknowledgement and agreement form for the anti-doping rules. Under the new regulations we cannot issue your FEI Registration unless we are in receipt of your signed form.
4. Drivers in possession of an FEI Registration who are using any form of medication need to check UK Sport's drug information database www.uksport.gov.uk/did to see whether they are required to submit a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
5. Ensure the appropriate payment is enclosed with your application. Cheques made payable to BHDTA.
6. The cost of registration for is:
7. Please note that registration of both horse and driver is renewable for each calendar year.
8. All registrations must be completed prior to entry. FEI registration numbers will be produced on the FEI web site every Wednesday morning. Drivers will be issued with a registration card. However horse/pony numbers will come by email or by post should email be unavailable.
9. All horses/ponies resident in Britain and wishing to compete at CAI-B or CAI-A events are still required to hold a valid FEI Passport. All horses/ponies competing abroad at any level of FEI Event are also required to hold a valid FEI Passport.
Please note that any driver or animal which does not have valid and up to date FEI registration and a valid FEI horse passport will NOT be allowed to start in an international competition.
BRITISH EQUESTRIAN FEDERATION
All competitors at international events are bound by British Equestrian Federation (BEF) Rules. It is a condition of the licence application that you have read and understand these rules. The BEF rule book is available to download.