CARRIAGE DRIVING NEWS ... CARRIAGE DRIVING NEWS ... CARRIAGE DRIVING NEWS
In aid of:
To obtain SPONSOR FORMS, print out and complete entry form and return with S.A.E. to:
The Entries Secretary, Sheila Hawking, Pollums House Farm, Lumby, South Milford, Leeds LS25 5LD Tel. 01977 682298
START: At 9.00a.m. on Sunday 26th MARCH 2006 (individual start times will be notified nearer the day).
ROUTE: A total of approximately 16km may be driven, mainly on woodland tracks. No previous reconnaissance will be allowed, but the course will be well signed and stewarded; maps will be provided.
OBSTACLES: There will be six optional obstacles.
SCORING: There will be 70 points for driving 16km and five points for each obstacle giving a possible total score of 100 points (100 points at 1p per point = ?1).
SPONSORS: Each entrant may have any number of sponsors, but the amounts when added together must not be less than ?20.
All drivers will receive a commemorative rosette.
ENTRIES CLOSE 20th MARCH 2006.
THE OBJECT OF THE DRIVE IS, THROUGH YOUR ENJOYMENT, TO RAISE MONEY, AND SO ALL COMPETITORS ARE URGED TO MAKE A GREAT EFFORT TO GET AS MANY SPONSORS AS POSSIBLE TO HELP ACHIEVE A WORTHWHILE TOTAL.
The Drive is open to all, however inexperienced drivers are advised to have an experienced helper with them.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY ? Please read carefully:
1. It is compulsory that all participants carry their own third party insurance cover.
2. All horse/ponies must be 4 years old and over and must be driven to a suitable vehicle (pneumatic tyres are allowed).
3. The Drive will be approximately 16 km in length and will include six simple optional obstacles. A driver may omit any one (or several). Explicit diagrams will be issued beforehand, but only one attempt may be made to negotiate each obstacle. Any driver failing to negotiate them correctly or demolishing any part of the obstacle will not gain the five points.
4. There will be 70 points for driving. Five points will also be awarded for each obstacle successfully negotiated. The maximum number of points is therefore 100.
5. Each competitor must find their own sponsor/s and collect from them a guarantee to pay so much per point scored. The TOTAL of these individual sponsored amounts must total a minimum of ?20. Most competitors will exceed this amount. It should be stressed to all potential sponsors that the whole of the proceeds will go to the organisation named.
6. Although points are not awarded for turnout, it is hoped that all competitors will be smartly and safely dressed, and carrying whips. All drivers, grooms and passengers must wear suitable, properly secured hard hats.
7. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry and stop any turnout they deem unsuitable or unsafe. The decision of the Committee on any matter shall be final.
8. The Organising Committee accept no liability for any damage, injury or illness to any person, horse, pony, vehicle or property, however caused.
9. Entry fee of ?15 to be sent with entry form for each turnout entered. This is non-refundable in the event of cancellation. On receipt of entry forms, competitors will be sent a sponsor form and instructions. On arrival at the event please report at once to the Secretary?s Office and deposit your sponsor form (which you will collect at the end) and collect your number.
10. Competitors will start at two-minute intervals.
|NEWS INDEX||PREVIOUS PAGE||BHDTA HOME|