|FEI Committees meet at Jerez de la Frontera|
1 October 2002
Executive Board Meeting summary
The FEI Executive Board met four times during the 2002 World Equestrian Games in Jerez, Spain. In addition to the decision on the allocation of the 2006 WEG and in-depth discussions held on the future of Eventing the following was agreed on:
Jumping and Driving World Cups - Rules Revision:
Following the recommendations of the respective Committees, the Executive Board approved the Rules Revision for the World Cups in Jumping and Driving, effective for the 2003-2004 World Cup season.
Driving Committee Meeting
The following points arise:
The next meeting of the Executive Board will take place in conjunction with the FEI Bureau Meeting on 5 November 2002 in Moscow, Russia.
- An open forum will be held in 2003 to discuss and establish the number of marathon phases for all international events.
- Qualification requirements for Single and Four-in-Hand Championships will be raised from 2004.
- Two-phase Obstacle Driving (cones) competitions counting for combined driving events may continue to be organised on a trial basis until 2005.
- Rules for the 2003 World Combined Pony Driving Championship were established.
- A new dressage test is in the making.
- Two day CAI-A events may continue to be organised.
- Clear rules on substitution of horses and drivers are currently under consideration.
- Official International status for course designers will be created.